Now that the Covid-19 situation has eased, many countries are starting to relax lockdowns and open their borders to tourists. This includes the education sector, which is coming back to life. Students who had plans to study abroad no longer have to attend classes online.
This article will consist of...
- What to Know When Using a VPN for Traveling to China
- Preparing Yourself Before Traveling to China
- Best Practices When Using BullVPN in China
- Common Issues When Using BullVPN in China *Important*
- Other Challenges to Prepare for When Traveling to China
For BullVPN users planning to travel, study, work, or reside in China, you can rely on BullVPN to bypass various blocks and restrictions in China. This includes access to social networks, Facebook, Instagram (IG), Line, Telegram, Gmail, Hotstar TH, Viu, iQIYI, YouTube, and other blocked websites. You can use BullVPN on a variety of devices, including Windows, Mac, iPhone & iPad, Android, Chrome Extension, and Smart TVs.
What to Know When Using a VPN for Traveling to China
The People's Republic of China has legal restrictions regarding the use of VPNs within the country, making it sometimes challenging to use VPN services from within China. Based on the experiences of VPN users in China, there might be occasional connectivity issues, unstable internet speeds, or difficulty in accessing at certain times. However, there's no need to worry, as if you encounter any of these issues, you can reach out to the BullVPN support team for basic assistance.
Preparing Yourself Before Traveling to China
- Register BullVPN : www.bullvpn.com/signup
- Download and Setup BullVPN on PC & Mobile : https://www.bullvpn.com/setup
- Pay the service fee before leaving : https://www.bullvpn.com/order
- Test your VPN usage before hitting the road! Once you've signed up and confirmed your email, the next step is to recommend testing the software and apps to ensure everything runs smoothly before your trip to China. This helps prevent connectivity issues or any other problems that may arise.
- Customers traveling to China can reach out to BullVPN Support via Wechat: bullvpn (No need to use a VPN for this channel).
- Simply open the BullVPN app or BullVPN Client and connect to our VPN servers. It's that easy!
- Setup Teamviewer for Windows และ Mac (TeamViewer for Windows / TeamViewer for macOS). If you have a problem using it The team will be able to go in and fix it immediately.
Best Practices When Using BullVPN in China
- First, connect to the internet wherever you are, such as Wi-Fi, mobile data (4G, 5G), hotel Wi-Fi, or any available internet source. Make sure you have a strong Wi-Fi signal; that works best.
- Next, open the BullVPN program and establish a connection. We recommend connecting from a fast location first, such as the USA, Hong Kong (HK), Japan, EU, or Thailand. You can choose from BullVPN servers like USA 1-6, Hong Kong 1-4, Japan 1-5, or Thailand 1-40, for example.
- If you can't connect on your first try, select another server instead, like VPN servers in Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Singapore, or any other servers that BullVPN has prepared.
- If your VPN connection takes too long and eventually times out, check your Wi-Fi signal strength and mobile phone signal. You can test your internet speed using the SpeedTest app available in the AppStore.
- Repeat these steps approximately 4-5 times. If you still can't connect after trying all of this, please contact our support team and provide logs or screenshots through any available channels or WeChat: bullvpn.
Common Issues When Using BullVPN in China
Use BullVPN and it frequently disconnects
"First things first! Check your internet connection before anything else. Just having internet doesn't mean you can always use a VPN smoothly. If your internet speed isn't stable or your Wi-Fi connection keeps dropping, it can also affect your VPN connection.
*VPN works best when paired with a stable internet connection*
You can check your speed before and after connecting at: https://www.speedtest.net
- Factors that can lead to frequent VPN disconnections: Factors like slow internet, many people using the same internet connection in a dormitory, or occasional disruptions can cause VPN disconnections. If this happens, try reconnecting, switch to a different country server, or wait for a while. If your mobile or Wi-Fi signal is weak (just 1-2 bars), it can also lead to frequent disconnections. Try finding a better spot or improving your signal before using the VPN. If you suspect it's a VPN server issue, contact the BullVPN support team for assistance.
- Basic troubleshooting steps: To start, try changing the server to a nearby country 2-3 times while connected. Let the system attempt to connect automatically. If it doesn't connect or shows a "Connected fail" message, switch servers and try connecting again.
- (For Windows): Go to the menu → Settings → Advanced → Turn off "Prevent IPv6 Address Detection." Then, click SAVE and try reconnecting.
- (For Android) Go to the menu → Settings → Disable "Prevent IPv6 Address Detection", then press SAVE, and you can reconnect afterward.
Note: You may need to try changing servers several times to check if your current internet connection is blocking the VPN. If it's blocked, you may experience difficulty connecting or sometimes find it hard to connect. Don't worry! Feel free to reach out to the BullVPN team for assistance with the next steps.
Can't connect to BullVPN in Windows
1. Open menu China Mode
- Go to the menu in the top left corner.
- open China Mode.
- Return to the Server page, select the country you want and connect. If you can't connect the first time Please select a new server 2-3 times.
2. Open the China Mode menu and still cannot connect
- Go to Menu → Setting → Connection → Bull Pass
- Choose from Proxy USA, Proxy Singapore, Proxy Germany, Proxy Japan, and Proxy Thailand in that order. Here's the method: Connect to Proxy USA first, then try Proxy Singapore and Proxy Germany. If any of them doesn't work, use the one that does.
- If it's still not working, try changing the port to 53 or 1194, and alternate between them. If that doesn't work, consider switching to a different country for the connection.
- In the end, if you're still unable to connect or use the service, consider the possibility that the internet you're using might be blocking the VPN. Try switching to a different network or contact the BullVPN team for assistance with the next steps.
Can't connect to BullVPN on iOS
Step 1 : Request permission to connect from the new system.
- Go to Menu → Setting → Click Re-certificate Let the message come up "Configuration does not exist"
- Next, reconnect by selecting a server that is close to your location for a faster connection. For example, if you are in China, we recommend connecting to servers in the USA or Singapore.
- That's it! You should now be able to use the service. However, if you can't connect on your first try, click "Disconnected" and then press the central button to reconnect. If it still doesn't work, follow the next step.
- Lastly, if you're still unable to connect or use the service, consider that your internet might be blocking the VPN. Try switching to a different internet connection or contact the BullVPN support team for further assistance in the next steps.
Step 2 : Check connection from another VPN application
Often, other VPNs may interfere with the connection of other VPNs, causing them not to work. If you've used other VPNs before, here's how to fix the issue.
- Go to Setting → VPN
- Please "remove" all previous VPNs, leaving only BullVPN.
- Go back to the application, then select a server and connect.
- If you still can't connect or use the service, consider that your internet may block the VPN. You may need to switch to a different internet connection or contact the BullVPN team for further assistance.
Can't connect to BullVPN on Android
- Go to Menu → Setting → Connection → Bull Guard
- Choose from Proxy USA, Proxy Singapore, Proxy Germany, Proxy Japan, and Proxy Thailand in that order. The method is to connect to Proxy USA first, then Proxy Singapore, and finally Proxy Germany. If any of them don't work, use the one that does.
- Lastly, if you still can't connect or use the service, consider that your internet might be blocking the VPN. Try switching to a different internet connection or contact the BullVPN support team for assistance with the next steps.
I downloaded BullVPN on macOS and it didn't work, got a black screen
In case your macOS app opens and displays a black screen, you can reach out to the BullVPN team for assistance in resolving the issue right away.
Other Challenges to Prepare for When Traveling to China
1. Do not uninstall the 'From Thailand' program under any circumstances. Deleting it might make it difficult or even impossible to reinstall.
2. Apps like LINE, Facebook, Twitter, Tiktok TH, Netflix, Hotstar TH, etc., won't work in China. If you plan to use BullVPN in China, we recommend 'trying out BullVPN before your trip' to reduce these issues.
3. Using a WiFi connection shared by many users can result in slower and unstable internet speed. We recommend having an internet connection with a minimum speed of 2MB for a smoother experience.
List of websites and programs banned by China
- Google → www.google.co.th
- Gmail → > www.gmail.com
- โปรแกรม LINE
- Google Drive → www.drive.google.com
- Google Map → www.google.com/maps
- Youtube → www.youtube.com
- Facebook → www.facebook.com
- Twitter → www.twitter.com
- Microsoft → www.microsoft.com
- Dropbox → www.dropbox.com
- Vimeo → www.vimeo.com
- Skype → www.skype.com
- Telegram → https://web.telegram.org
- Medium → https://medium.com
- Netflix → https://www.netflix.com
- Hotstar TH → https://www.hotstar.com/th
- viu TH → https://www.viu.com/ott/th/th
- iQIYI TH → https://www.iq.com/?lang=th_th
- TrueID → https://www.trueid.net/watch/th-th
And there are many other websites that are blocked by the Chinese government. If you can't access the websites you need, you can reach out to the BullVPN team for assistance in resolving this issue.
You can see more of the latest blocked websites in China at :
For anyone interested in studying in China with the Thai-Chinese Student Association (TCSA), more information can be found at :